It is important to track if all the records did mask after the masking operation is complete. the recommended way to track this is by adding a custom field ‘Masking Status’ on each of the objects that are being masked. All the records that are successfully masked will be set with the value as ‘Masked’ by DataMasker. Any record with the ‘Masking Status’ = NULL is not masked. This field helps in re-trying masking failures and also helps in troubleshooting.
Adding the custom field ‘Masking Status’ on each of the Objects being masked is highly recommended.
- Create custom field ‘Masking Status’
- Add ‘Masking Status’ to each of the ‘Object Masking’ records
Step 1: Create custom field ‘Masking Status’
Add Custom Field ‘Masking Status’ to each of the Object that is being masked.
Navigate → ‘Object Manager’. Select the object in which you need to add a field.
Navigate -> ‘Fields and Relationships’, and click on ‘New’
– Select Data Type Picklist
– Click on Button Next
Key in the field details:
-Field Label: ‘Masking Status’
-Values: Select ‘Enter values, with each value separated by a new line ‘
Enter Value: Masked
Click on Button ‘Next’
Select ‘Visible’ for each of the profiles under which DataMasker will run.
– Unselect all of the Page Layout
– Click on the button ‘Save’
Step 2: Add ‘Masking Status’ to each of the ‘Object Masking’ records
– Navigate to the DataMasker App
– Configurations tab
– Click on the Configuration Name
– Click on the Object. Example ‘Contact’ in the screenshot below
Click on the button ‘Edit’
Update value of field ‘Filter Criteria’
masking_status__C = NULL
Click on Button ‘Save’
Add ‘Masking Status’ to Field Masking
– Click on the button ‘New’
Enter details of this new field
– Select Action: ‘Replace’
– Select Further Action: ‘Hardcoded Value’
– Select Field: ‘Masking Status’
– Select Value: ‘Masked’
Click on the button ‘Save’
Masking Status Field should show under Field Maskings as below
Repeat adding the custom field ‘Masking Status’ to all the remaining Objects that are being masked.