The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services. It allows them to move, copy, or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability.
- Add the mapping for a single object or for a hierarchy of objects as per the requirement of Data Portability.
- This object hierarchy can be created up to three levels – Parent, Child, and Grandchild.
- Click on the Add button.
- Enter the name of the Portability mapping.
- Mark, it as active.
- Mention the Description if required.
- Select the object that contains data that needs to be ported in case of single object portability.
- Create the Hierarchy by selecting the child object and the grandchild object to achieve multilevel portability.
- Click on the Save button.
After saving, one link will be generated on the selected object name. Users can use that link for field mapping.
Now, click on the link to add fields in mapping.
Here user can add a user-friendly label instead of an object name that will appear on the generated file.
Now in the mapping user can add all the necessary fields of choice as per the business use cases and can provide user-friendly labels to fields those will appear on the generated files.
ADD MAPPING 1:
To add a field in mapping users can click on the dropdown fields menu and choose the field for mapping and provide a user-friendly name next to the dropdown fields menu as shown in the screenshot below.
Similarly, users can add as many fields in the mapping.
- To remove the fields from the mapping, click on the “Delete” button in front of the field name.
- To change the name of the field, enter the new name by removing the previous one and click on the “Update” button.
ADD MAPPING 2: CC 2.29 version and onwards
In the new CC 2.29 version and onwards, Mass add fields functionality is provided so the user can check the checkboxes next to the field name and can add as many as fields are available in a single click. For eg, in this case, the object is Account.
To add a fields in mapping users can click on the checkbox and choose the field for mapping and a user-friendly name which is already populated next to the fields as shown in the screenshot below. Users can change the user-friendly name as per their business requirements.
Selection of Files:
Now users can multi-select the file formats from PDF, CSV, or Excel for document generation.
This functionality has been introduced in CC 2.28 and further versions.
To configure the Selection of Files user can follow the below path:
Installed Package -> Configure ->De-identification->Additional Data Portability File Types
When there is no File type selected on Configure page then after processing only JSON file format will be generated.