The application uses a custom object called PrivSec Request which allows users to drive the data portability process. Users can create a PrivSec Request manually by providing the values in certain fields values and then it will generate the records corresponding to the mapping and will process it.
1. Users should have the “CC full access” permission set assigned.
2. At least one mapping should be active for Data Portability.
3. Lightning record page should be assigned to the user’s profile.
Lightning Record Page Assignment –
Cloud Compliance provides different Lightning Record Pages. To use the Data Portability, the user can assign a Lightning Record Page for Data Portability and assign it to the appropriate user’s profile.
To assign the Lightning Record Pages user can follow the below steps
- Go to Object Manager and search for PrivSec Request Object, click on the ‘PrivSec Request’.
Click on the ‘Lightning Record Pages’ as shown below
- Now the user will see different Record Pages that the user can assign. In this case, the user can click on ‘PrivSec Request Record Page – Portability’
Click on the View button
- After clicking on the New button user will be redirected to the Lightning App Builder page.
Click on the Activation button
- Here user can click on the ‘APP, RECORD TYPE, AND PROFILE’ tab to select the application, record type, and profile for the selected Record Page
Click on the ‘Assign to Apps, Record Types, and Profiles’ button as shown below.
- Now User will see different applications so that the user can select the appropriate Application to which the user wants to assign the Lightning Record Page.
Here user needs to select the checkbox at the ‘Cloud Compliance’ application and click on the ‘Next’ button
Click on the ‘Next’ button
- Now there will be several Record Types that the user will see so that the user can select the appropriate Record Type.
Here User needs to select the ‘Portability’ as shown below and click on the ‘Next’ button
- User can select the multiple profiles as per their business requirement, here we consider the System Administrator profile and then click on the ‘Next’ button
- User can review assignments to check all the details are correct or not and then click on ‘Save’
User can click on the back arrow to get back to the Object Manager.
Now Lightning Record Page has been assigned for the Data Portability.
- To create a PrivSec Request record, users need to add the tab on the Cloud Compliance application or click on the App Launcher and search for PrivSec Request.
Click on PrivSec request
- Click on the New button to create a new PrivSec Request record. One popup will appear which will include Record Types of PrivSec Request.
- Select the record type as Portability, click on the Next button.
The user will be redirected to the new record page where the user can provide the necessary details to create the PrivSec Request.
As shown in the above screenshot user needs to provide the Subject Id and Portability Mapping, here the Subject Id is the record Id that the record user wants to get the personal data of a particular record and mapping is a Portability Mapping name that has been created for Portability.
Subject Id is the parent or master record Id for which is the Data portability is requested.
Portability Mapping field looks up to the Active data portability mapping. The user needs to select the appropriate Data Portability mapping.
Note: The portability mapping will show only “Active” Portability Mappings.
Requested Date –This is the date on which the user requested Data Portability.
Planned Associated Records Purge Date – As part of the processing, all the related records associated with the Parent Id i.e Subject Id will be populated. These records are called Associated records and can be seen in the related list of Privsec Request records. After the processing is completed, a user can make a call to delete these associated records which are called the purging of these associated records. This purging of associated records will occur on the Date populated in this field. If the date is blank then the associated record will continue to stay in the environment. If the date is equal to or lesser than ‘Today’, then associated records will be purged i.e deleted.
Note- Planned Associated Records Purge Date cannot be lesser than either Planned Processing Date OR Planned Deletion Date.
Batch Size – This defines the number of records that should be processed in a single batch.
After saving this record, the record detail page user will find few sections like Details, Request Details, Mapping Snapshots, Associated records and Files and show more fields which are as follows –
Associated Records – This section contains the Data Subject Record Ids of the parent as well as associated records along with the Status, Action, Object Name, etc.
Mapping Snapshot Details: Mapping Snapshot is a footprint of values that we provide in PrivSec Request. This contains the details like Record Id, Mapping Name, Object Name, etc. Users will see the Mapping Snapshot Details after clicking on the ‘Generate Records’ button.
- Now enter the Subject Id (Record Id) and select Portability Mapping that the user wants to use for portability.
- Now the user will come to Privsec Request’s main page in which the user will be able to see all the details like Status, Sub-Status, Associated Records, etc.
Click on the ‘Generate Records’ button and then click on the ‘Finish’ button
- Once the user clicks on the ‘Generate Records’ button, records get generated in the Associated Records section, Status will be ‘In Progress’ and Sub-Status will be ‘Records Generated’.
Also, Users will see the respective object name gets auto-populated once we click on the ‘Generate Records ’ button & the Mapping Snapshot Details gets printed.
- Now the ‘Process Records’ button will appear once the records get generated.
Click on the ‘Process Records’ button once user confirms the details populated in all the sections after Generate Records and then click on the ‘Finish’ button
- Once the user clicks on the ‘Process Records’ button, records get personal data, and status will be changed to ‘Processed’ from ‘In-Progress’.
Once the PrivSec Request status is processed the status of the Associate Records will also be processed
Users can find the personal data information in the form of JSON, PDF, EXCEL, CSV in the Files section
Status Transition – Cloud Compliance
|Level||Status||Sub Status||Error message|
|CC||Open||NULL||If PrivSec Id Is Null|
|In Progress||New||If PrivSec Status=New|
|Validated||If PrivSec =Validated|
|Records Generated||if PrivSec Status=Record Generated|
|Error||Too Many Records Found||When one or more records found of the same name-value pair|
|Incorrect Mapping||Mapping does not exist or inactive||Incorrect mapping name, Mapping is inactive|
|Missing Parameters||Mandatory parameter XXXX is missing|
|Record Not Found||If based on the name-value pair, no record is found||Not found any record of the given name-value pair|
|Attachments Generated||PrivSec Status as Processed|
|Record Not Found||Not found any record of the given name-value pair|