In the Cloud Compliance application, the “Data Retention” feature uses mappings that store data in the custom objects available in a package. This document showcases how Data Retention mappings records can be transferred from one org to another in order to efficiently migrate data from sandbox to production using the Import/Export feature of the Cloud Compliance application.
Note – This feature is available from CC version 3.0 onwards.
Solution Steps – 1. Navigate to the Data Retentions tab in the application from the source org. User will find a list of all the Data Retention mappings that were created as per the business requirement.
Note– If user cannot see the Data Retentions tab, user can add the tab by editing the navigation item option.
2. On the right side of the Data Retentions list view section, user will find three buttons New, Export and Import. Here user can click on to Export button in order to fetch all the mapping details in JSON format.
Note: Only active mapping will be fetched.
3. Once user clicks on the Export button new page will appear on the screen which includes a list of all the Data Retentions mapping records that are active. In this case, the application will pick “Individual” and “Account” object mapping records as shown below screenshot.
4. On this page user will find the option to remove the mapping from the list of all the active mappings in case the user wants to remove any by clicking on the ‘X’ symbol.
5. Once everything is set as per the requirements, the user can click on the Download button to download the mapping file in JSON format.
6. Now the file is downloaded. Login to the Salesforce org where user wants to migrate mappings.
7. Navigate to the Data Retentions tab in the application from the destination org.User will find a list of all the existing mappings or NO mappings in destination org.
8. On the right side of the Data Retentions list view section, user will find three buttons New, Export and Import. Here user can click on to Import button in order to fetch all the mapping details in JSON format.
9. Once user clicks on the Import button new page will appear on the screen which includes the upload file option. Here user can click on the “Upload Files” button to select a file from the computer or can drag a downloaded file in this section in order to upload all the Data Retention mappings.
10. Once the file is uploaded, user can see a list of mappings on the same page. At this stage also user can remove the mapping from the list of mappings before clicking on the Upload button.
11. Once user verifies the mappings, user can click on the Upload button.
12. On successful upload, user can see the alert box with the message “Mapping Imported” and then user can see all the mappings migrated to destination org.
Note – Make sure to activate each mapping in the destination org so the CC app will verify those mappings and their fields. Also will throw an error if something goes wrong during the activation of mappings. Once all the mappings get activated then only user can use those mappings for Data Retention feature.